Forms & Permits

Bartenders License

To Qualify:

  • The applicant must present evidence of completion of an alcohol awareness training program or have held a current license by the Town or a local community within the last 2 years.
  • The applicant may not have two or more alcohol related convictions or forfeitures within the previous 12 months, a conviction for selling alcoholic beverages to minors within the previous 24 months, or a conviction or forfeiture for possession or selling any illegal drug within the previous 24 months.
  • Subject to Board approval. 

Building Permit

All building permits are obtained through Eau Claire County Planning & Development office.  They are located in the Courthouse, Third Floor.  715-839-4741.  All questions should be addressed to their office.  All inspection questions would be addressed to the County Building Inspector, Fred Dahlke at 715-839-2944.

Dog License Application

Required by Wisconsin Statute 174.05 "the owner of a dog more than 5 months of age on January 1 of any year, or 5 months of age within the license year, shall annually, or on or before the date the dog becomes 5 months of age, pay license tax and obtain a license."

  • Must present written proof that all dogs are currently immunized against rabies

Driveway Access Permit

Municipal Code 4-2.0710 requires anyone installing a driveway to apply for a permit that is approved by the Town Administrator.  This permit is $100.00 and needs to include site plan showing parcel size and proposed driveway.  Please stop in or call the Administrator.

Kennel License Application

In order to qualify for a kennel license, residents must be zoned properly by the Eau Claire County Planning & Development Department.

Kennel license fee is $55.00 for anyone with more than five dogs and a maximum of 12 dogs.  If properly zoned to have more than 12 dogs a fee of $6.00 is assessed for each dog thereafter.

  • Must present written proof that all dogs are currently immunized against rabies

Meeting Room Application

The Town of Washington permits use of the Meeting/Training room for the purpose of meetings and training sessions to the Town of Washington based organizations and associations, all government entities, and businesses.  The Meeting/Training room hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  All groups using the Meeting/Training room need to sign a permit form and pay any applicable fees before the meeting is held.  You can access the permit form by clicking on the link above.

Temporary Picnic License

Must be used by qualified clubs, churches, or organizations desiring to sell beer, and/or wine at a particular gathering.  A bartender licensed with the Town of Washington must be used for the event.

Utilities within Right-of-Way Permit Application

Municipal Code 4-2.0802. No person may injure of tear up any pavement, sidewalk, crosswalk, ditch, boulevard, drain, or sewer or any part thereof, or dig any hole, ditch or drain in any highway right-of-way, or excavate in or place an obstruction in any such highway right-of-way, or remove any gravel, sod, soil, sand or pavement from any highway right-of-way unless such person has first obtained a permit therefore.